- Nurturing Meditation. This practice is akin to the traditional spooning position. According to the Esoteric energy flow theory, both partners should lie on their left sides. Decide whoever most needs some nurturing. Suppose it is the female partner. Although the partner in back is the giver, you will you both be able to rebalance your energy through the exercise. The male partner should snuggle in behind her, aligning his with hers; ie., heart to heart, belly to belly and so on. Partners should use pillows to prop their head, neck, and shoulders high enough so he can slip his left arm under her neck and bring his hand to rest lightly on her third-eye chakra or the crown chakra.. His right arm should cradle her, with his hand over her heart; she should rest her hand on top of his. After a few moments, move into the harmonizing breath. Notice your partner’s breath; synchronize with it. Inhale together, pause together, exhale together, pause again. As she inhales, she consciously accepts energy through her back into all her chakras. As he exhales, he consciously sends energy out the front of his body and into her. When ready, use this technique to charge each individual chakra. Start with the heart chakra; focus there for three full breath cycles. Then, move your awareness to your third-eye chakra for three breaths; then your root chakra at the base of the spine. Next, move up the body to your second chakra (genital area), then your navel, throat chakra and crown chakras.
- Hand on Heart. Sit comfortably, cross-legged, facing your partner. Place your right hand on your partner’s heart chakra; your left hand atop your partner’s right hand. First, tune into your physical heart, then to your heart chakra’s emotional energy. Can you sense your heartbeat here? Does your heart chakra feel open, constricted, vibrating or serene? Close your eyes and focus on the connection between your heart and your partner’s hand. Alternatively, gaze into each other’s eyes and engage in the harmonizing breath.
- Yab Yum. He sits cross-legged while she straddles his upper thighs, crossing her ankles behind his back. This upright sitting posture is promotes conscious awareness aligns the partners’ chakras, and lets you breathe each other’s breath, touch your brow chakras together or gaze into each other’s eyes. Yab yum is called the classic Tantric sex position.
Heart expansion infuses romantic love with a spirit of joy and abundance. Now is the time shed those beliefs that no longer work for you so you can attract authentic love, passion and sensuality into your life. If you have already found your ideal lover or pleasure partner, take time to play, explore and expand your Ecstatic union ritual. Sacred union rituals can catalyze deep intimacy, cathartic healing, and boost your pleasure potential.
Cultivating ecstatic energy with your beloved to heightens sensation, deepen arousal and support your mutual sexual embodiment with Divine cosmic energy.
How to Prepare an Ecstatic Sacred Union Ritual
- Preparation. Set aside a minimum of two hours for the ritual. It is best done in the evening so you can sleep together to integrate the experience. In this ritual, both partners can drop all notions of time or place in order to be fully present in the moment. Choose a comfortable, aesthetically pleasing setting for the ritual, with a high built-in level of sound privacy so that you feel liberated to amp up volume of your pleasure.
- Create Sacred Space. Arrange your space with candles, incense, rose petals, meditation music; i.e, Shamanic Dream by Anugama. Set up an altar table with a Tibetan singing bowl to open and close the ritual, organic coconut oil, sage stick to clear and bless the space, jug of cold water, dark chocolate and fresh berries, essential ‘holy oils’ for anointing (frankincense, sandalwood or rose). Enter the sacred space together while smudging sage on each other. Then, anoint each of your beloved’s chakras with some holy oil. As you anoint each chakra, visualize it gently opening. If a fireplace is available, place down a rug in front of it for your sacred sexual ritual.
- Prayer and Invocation. Offer up a simple prayer to each other with whatever heartfelt words come to you in the moment, such as: “I give thanks for my adorable beloved seated before me. I invoke Divine Grace to guide our beautiful merging in this sacred ritual. May we be attuned to love’s highest frequency. We dedicate the bliss of this practice to all beings. Blessed Be”
- Practice Circular Breathing Together. Eye gaze together for several minutes while visualizing a circular loop of breath, going up through the female’s yoni (vagina, Sanskrit) and up through her body”s centre, out the top of her head, into the top of her beloved’s head, down through the center of his body, through his lingham (penis, Sanskrit) and back into her body.
- Giving and Receiving…Choose which partner will be the receiver in this ritual. Alternate the roles of giver and receiver in two separate rituals, so that each partner has a chance to deeply relax, let go, receive, and fully surrender into the pleasure.
- Full Body Tantric Massage…Give your beloved a head-to-toe full body massage, using a generous quantity of organic coconut oil. Fully disrobe at this time and tease them with your body. Waiting until the end to perform lingam or yoni massage.
- Step 7: Heartfelt Devotion, Healing Vibrations, Sacred Mantras…Tune into the deepest space of your heart’s devotion for the ultimate sacredness of life and the feeling of gratitude for the blessing of having this beloved in your life. With this sincere heart-felt devotion, slowly begin worshiping their yoni or lingam like it is the physical embodiment of the Divine. If you feel so moved, verbally or silently chant a mantra, devotional song or loving affirmation, with the intention of sending healing energy into your beloved’s genital area, dissolving any stored tension or trauma. Two ancient Sacred Feminine and Masculine mantras follow:
- Yoni Mantra: Maha idam yoni kavacham rahasyam paramaadh-bhutam; (
translation: I reverently bow before the source of the Sacred Feminine life force);
- Lingham Mantra: Tat pranamami sadasiva lingham…(translation: I reverently bow before the source of the Sacred Masculine life force). If desired, intone the mantra directly over your lover’s yoni or lingam so healing vibrations can penetrate their body. Alternate this with soft, tender kisses.
- Yoni Mantra: Maha idam yoni kavacham rahasyam paramaadh-bhutam; (
- Emotional Release and Deepening Intimacy. This healing ritual may invoke sensitive emotions and catalyze a deep, soulful release. Create a safe space for these emotions to be expressed so you can actively support your beloved’s full relaxation into their heart. This beneficial alchemy will be sensed by both of you. Let go of all attachments to physical appearance; just be totally present in the moment for whatever surfaces, as you gaze into your partner’s loving eyes for support. Let the energy move freely as your healing tears flow. The surging release of bliss chemicals can create a palpable shift of precious healing, shared through both your bodies.
- Tantric Puja Ritual. For millennia, Yoni and Lingam Pujas (adoration/devotion rituals) have been practiced in India as embodied experiences to merge with the Divine. Try to incorporate a few puja elements include into your ritual. Using your imagination, create an individualized ritual by adding your unique gifts. For instance, gently shower your lover with rose petals and lovingly circle a lit candle around their face in a reverent way. Pour libations over the yoni and lingam, such as edible oils, mango juice and rosewater. Do rinse the genitals with warm water after each offering. Then, fully prostrate yourself before your beloved.
- Ascending the Peak Together. Explore further genital and sensual massage, oral stimulation, or tone mantras into your partners yoni or lingam. Linger in this stage of pleasure for a while without penetration, building alternating peaks of high arousal and gentle relaxation.
- Merging with the Beloved. Now, the intense feelings of pleasure, intimacy will drive you to merge sexy ecstasy with your lover. Feel free to celebrate the bliss with loud groans, moans and squeals of delight! Such visceral sounds palpably raise the octave of bliss to peak levels. You will both be awash in tantric waves of delight.