For a better sex life, you must build mental awareness, while also strengthening the emotional, spiritual, and physical connection between you and your partner. Yoni massage can help you do this. Indeed, yoni massage can lead you to explore the Kama Sutra, and various branches of tantric sex, thus spicing up your sex life while also deepening your mutual bonds.
What Is Yoni Massage? Yoni massage is a tantric practice and form of sensual massage to help women explore, understand, and become comfortable with their bodies. It can be done between a woman and a man or woman and woman, or even alone. Yoni is a Sanskrit word for vagina that translates as “sacred space”.
Yoni massage is typically performed by a trained practitioner who focuses on sensitive areas like the vagina, vulva, breasts, and stomach. However, a yoni massage can also be given by your partner. The woman receiving the massage focuses on breathing exercises, which help her release both mental and physical tensions. For the receiver, the result is a better grasp of what brings pleasure to her body.
Benefits Of Yoni Massage For Women. While multiple intense orgasms can be a part of yoni massage, it is not the sole focus, and there are many other benefits. The main advantages of a yoni massage include:
- Overcome trauma: Studies show that women who have experienced painful periods or suffer from painful coitus report that yoni massage creates a sense of mental relaxation and has helped them heal from traumatic wounds.
- Improve sexual relationships: Do you have a low sex drive? Do you fear intimacy? Yoni massage deepens the intimate bond between partners by creating a deeper sense of trust.
- Intense orgasms: By learning and getting comfortable with your own body, you can fully relax and achieve more intense or even multiple orgasms.
- Chakra balancing and healing: Tantric massage proponents say that the body has seven centres of energy, called chakra. Unbalanced chakras lead to ill health and other unwanted conditions. Yoni massage lets women connect with their root chakra, which mobilizes the area with positive sexual energy to keep it balanced and healthy.
The 7 Chakras
- Crown Chakra (Top of the head): Spiritual Path.
- Third Eye Chakra (Centre of forehead between brows): Psychic awareness and abilities.
- Throat Chakra (Throat): Communication, self-expression.
- Heart Chakra (Chest): Giving/Receiving Infinite Love.
- Solar Plexus Chakra (Stomach): Self Power, Will Power.
- Sacral Chakra (Vagina/Penis): Sexual power and relationships.
- Root Chakra (Base of spine, pelvic Floor): Physical energy, sensual and emotional energy, physical resources, abundance.
How to Perform Yoni Massage. While you can go to a trained yoni tantric practitioner, there are many benefits to learning this technique yourself. Here, I will show you step-by-step how to give an amazing yoni massage. Even if you lack a partner, you can still perform a yoni massage alone.
Breathing During Yoni Massage. An essential element to yoni massage and ensuring the optimal experience is proper breathing techniques. The following breathing exercise can get you into a relaxed state for the massage:
- Sit erect on the ground or a meditation pillow with you and your partner facing each other.
- In unison, exhale deeply.
- Close your mouth and inhale softly through your nostrils.
- Hold your breath for seven seconds remaining in sync with your partner.
- Exhale for eight seconds through your mouth.
- Repeat this breathing exercise three times.
Begin The Yoni Massage At Your Partners’s Breasts. When beginning yoni massage, make sure to NOT start at the vagina. Slowly move onto her belly and navel area, where the most sensitive areas and nerve endings are.
A high-quality unrefined coconut oil is ideal for the massage. Rub it between your hands to warm it up, then begin to massage her belly, slowly working your way up to her ribs, between the breasts, lower abdomen, and rib cage. Be careful not to put too much pressure, but at the same time, do not rub too lightly as this may cause a ticklish reaction.
When her body is warmed up, you can massage and caress the areola areas (ring of pigmented skin around nipple). When her nipples are erect, gently massage, caress, and lightly pinch the nipples. Try circling actions around the nipples. Just do not overstimulate this area as it can cause a reverse effect that may even turn her off.
Women, How To Give Yourself A Yoni Massage. If you currently lack a partner or are unsure about trying it with your partner, you can still enjoy a yoni massage by yourself. You may still even be able to relieve any sexual traumas you have while massaging alone.
Do be patient with yourself and take time exploring and getting to know your own yoni. You can also try any of the above techniques on yourself. A step-by-step guide to perform a yoni self-massage follows:
- Set aside time away from work, family and your chaotic day so as to focus on your yoni without distractions.
- Dim the lights and take a warm bubble bath to set the mood.
- Keep a journal nearby. When finished, note down your thoughts or feelings about the experience.
- Set your intentions before starting; i.e., release stress, enhance intuition or discover what pleasures you.
- When ready, slowly begin to massage coconut oil into your breasts. Move onto your belly and inner thighs. Play with different pressures and patterns to see what feels good.
- Focus on your breathing (see breathing technique section above).
- When you feel ready, move to your yoni.
- Trace your hands down your vulva.
- Move down the outer lips with slow, gentle strokes.
- Travel down the vaginal opening tracing and around the perineum.
- Use the above techniques to massage, explore, and pleasure your vagina. Orgasm if you wish, but it is not compulsory.
NOTE: If you feel pain, numbness or discomfort during the massage, pause at the area of discomfort and take a long, deep breath. Breathing deeply, press gently on the area causing discomfort. Then as you exhale, release the pressure. Repeat these steps and see if the discomfort eases or changes in any way.