So, women, the next time you plan a romantic soirée, work some of these foods into your day.
- Spinach. Eating spinach will not only help you get Victoria’s Secret-ready, due to its appetite-suppressing compounds, but it will also put you in the mood by increasing blood flow below the belt. Spinach is rich in magnesium, a mineral that decreases inflammation in blood vessels, increasing blood flow. Increased blood flow drives blood to the extremities, which, like Viagra, can increase arousal and make sex more pleasurable. Women can find it is easier to climax and men achieve erection more naturally. Tip: Engaging in great sex is the best aphrodisiac as it just makes you crave more!
- Green Tea. The secret to a hotter romantic life starts with a hot cup of tea. Green tea is rich in compounds called catechins, shown to blast away belly fat and speed the liver’s capacity for converting fat into energy. Beyond that, catechins also boost desire by promoting blood flow to your genitals. Catechins kill off free radicals that damage and inflame blood vessels, increasing their ability to transport blood. They also cause blood vessel cells to release nitric oxide, boosting the size of the blood vessels, thus improving blood flow. Tip: Drink up to four small cups daily to feel the full effects. You can boost your libido and, as a bonus, lose up to 10 pounds in one week by drinking delicious, affordable tea. It worked for Janelle R., age 44, of Tampa, Florida, who shrunk from a size 14 to a size 6, alive with energy. Rather than a diet or cleanse, drinking green tea is a conscious lifestyle choice.
- Pesto. Pine nuts, a key ingredient in pesto sauce, are exceptionally high in zinc, and women with higher levels of zinc in their system tend to exhibit a higher sex drive than those with lower levels. Tip: Zinc is also the driver behind the aphrodisiac effects of oysters, another proven fire-starter.
- Red Wine. Do you wish to simultaneously boost your libido and calm your pre-date jitters? If so, pour yourself a glass of red wine. Women who drank one to two glasses had heightened sexual desire versus those ladies who didn’t, according to one study in The Journal of Sexual Medicine study. Cut yourself off after your second glass; enjoying more than that didn’t stimulate any further arousal. Knocking back too much stops the show before it starts. What makes the elixir so beneficial is a rich antioxidant profile that triggers nitric oxide production in the blood, which relaxes artery walls. As with many of the foods on this list, that increases blood flow down south. Tip: Feel sexier and slimmer by sipping delicious, affordable, date-night drinks.
- Iron-rich Foods and Nutrients. If your chaotic schedule is to blame for your lack of libido, you’re not alone. One reason couples cease sexual activity relates to their ongoing feelings of stress and fatigue. But a biological component may also be at play. One cause for fatigue in women is iron deficiency, an energy-sapping condition that can result in a low sex drive. Indeed, iron deficiency commonly results in feelings of exhaustion, weakness and irritability, which can dampen anyone’s desire for intimacy! Tip: Remedying the situation requires a dual approach. If your diet lacks iron, eat more spinach, grass-fed red meat and liver, all foods rich in the nutrient. Then, ensure your body can utilize the iron. Consume pro biotic-rich yogurt, fatty fish and an L-glutamine supplement to improve gut health and help your body to absorb iron more efficiently.
- Fatty Fish. Cold water fish like wild salmon, sardines, and tuna are overflowing with omega-3 fatty acids, but here’s the wild card. The nutrient not only benefits your heart but also raises dopamine levels in the brain. This spike in dopamine boosts circulation and blood flow, triggering arousal Moreover, dopamine will make you feel more relaxed and connected to your partner, which makes sex more fun. Tip: do your homework first on-line to make sure you buy the right kind of fish in your area.
- Coffee. A recent survey discovered that a favourite spot for first dates is Starbucks. In a recent animal study, coffee consumption was found to make females more eager to engage in sex, and likelier to want it again after a brief rest. Further studies show that men are more sensitive to caffeine than women; guys start to react within 10 minutes of sipping joe. Since decaf also creates an enhanced level of alertness, a buzz-free cup of java is the ideal pick-me-up for guys eager to avoid first-date jitters. Tip: Jumpstart your slim down by ordering tea if decaf is not your thing.
- Dark Chocolate. Your go-to chocolate indulgence can help get you in the mood. Dark chocolate contains flavonoids that have been shown to reduce stress and relax blood vessels, sending blood to all the right regions. Those same flavonoids can also help diminish body fat, which can boost your confidence in bed, making it easier to focus on the main attraction. Just be sure to avoid the worst dark chocolates for weight loss and instead, opt for an ounce of something like Lindt 85% Cocoa Excellence. It carries notes of sweet stone fruits and, unlike other bars, doesn’t contain alkalized cocoa, which contains far fewer beneficial flavonoids.