Clearly, our pains and physical discomforts demand attention, hence the old saying “sticking out like a sore thumb.” It is tough to ignore the obvious when we physically hurt. Common sense dictates that we seek out help to alleviate our discomforts. Holistic healing is not an “alternative” to conventional medical care. At times visiting a medical professional is the best way to address a dis-ease.
Physical illnesses are symptomatic of a greater imbalance that may or may not have a root cause in the physical.
Holistic or “wholistic” healing addresses the whole individual, not just one’s physical aspect where manifested illnesses are most apparent. Holistic healing is not intended to serve as a band-aid or one-time fix. It is an ongoing journey of discovery in search of more answers and ultimately; living better, being healthier, and striving for wholeness.
Beyond the Mind-Body Connection: In actuality, holistic healing is a lifestyle approach. The holistic approach goes far beyond the Mind-Body connection of finding and maintaining wellness. Overall wellness and wholeness is highly valued. All parts of one’s life (physical healing, mental health and wellness, emotional well being, and spiritual beliefs and values) are considered. Taking a holistic approach involves seeking tools to help us attract our desires and find personal power.
One who embraces the desire to find wholeness within their own being soon learns the importance of tending to relationships, caring for the planet and our environments, having compassion for humankind in general, and accepting and tolerating differences among a diverse population of humanity.
Role of Holistic Healer: The holistic healer sees that our discomforts or pains are symptomatic of an imbalance. The imbalance could be a physical issue, from abusing the physique through poor diet, lack of exercise or inadequate sleep. Or, the imbalance may result from unmet mental, emotional, or spiritual needs. Mind, body and spirit are examined in any holistic treatment.
- What main issue or concern do you wish to focus on right now?
- How does the problem affect you? Does it impact other key people in your life?
- How long have you been dealing with the problem?
- What have you tried that has helped with this problem?
- What have you tried that has not helped or worsened the problem?
- What would you like to get out of our first session?
- What background information can you share with me about this problem?
- What personal strengths do you have that can help you deal with the problem?
- What would others say in response to the above question?
- In order that our session benefit you as much as possible, what else would you like me to know about you and your issue?
To better serve you, I have regular counselling and massage therapy office hours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Pensacola, Florida. I also offer private sessions per referral on a limited basis. I also serve the Florida areas of Destin, San Destin, Santa Rosa Beach, Fort Walton Beach, Navarre, as well as the Alabama areas of Gulf Shores, Orange Beach and Foley.
Monday to Friday 9:00 pm-5:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am-5:00 pm
Health Counselling Services:
- Initial Consult
- Report of Findings
- Follow up visits. I offer Discounts when booking massage or body work therapies listed below. Packages start at $299.00.Please contact me directly to schedule a consultation.
Health Counselling- 90-minute Initial Consult……$120
90 minutes Health Counselling………………………….$100
30-minute follow-up visit (1 x per month)……………$60