That said, human sexuality has inherently sacred roots. By nature, sex with either yourself or your partner is a sacred activity. Each sexual experience may not simulate a holy communion but inherent sanctity certainly exists within all mutually agreed upon sexual activity between consenting adults.
Tantra cultivate your awareness of your true human nature, supports your ongoing development and deeper understanding of your authentic sexual potential.
In that vein, Sacred Tantric Temple Evenings are a fun, enriching sensual way to acknowledge the inherent sanctity of sexual pleasure and celebrate the raw beauty of sensual communion with yourself and your Beloved.
How To Create Sweeter, More Rewarding Sacred Tantric Temple Evenings
- Create Sacred Tantric Temple evenings whether you are presently in a relationship or not. Once a week is the ideal frequency; however, if your life is full of family obligations and career commitments, then once a month is mandatory.
- Create the much need space for sensual pleasure in your life. Choose the day and hour(s), then schedule it in. Do it when not much activity is afoot, and you have plenty of free time that particular day to fully relax and totally enjoy yourselves.
- Spend the entire day partaking in whatever you enjoy doing. Connect with nature, take a long walk in the park or have fun biking, fishing or frolicking at the beach. By so doing, you are creating a joyful energy field of pleasure and happiness. After all, tantra need not only happen in the bedroom; it’s a free lifestyle choice that may pursue on a daily basis.
- Take pleasure in every activity. Commit to practicing only pleasure for that one day.
- Start sex early like 5 p.m, and incorporate a festive dinner as part of the event. Often people save the sex for last, then they become too weary to follow through! Schedule your “Temple Evening” for earlier in the day. Prepare some light scrumptious food at home ahead of time or order in. Light candles, play soothing music, drink some wine or matcha tea. Work on forging sensual succulence in the moment.
- Take a warm bubble bath or steamy shower together by candlelight.
- Create Sacred Space by enhancing the senses. Introduce things that appeal pleasurably to each of the five senses: taste, touch, sight, smell, sound. Play uplifting music for sound, use naturally scented candles or aromatherapy for smell. Ensure your environment is immaculately clean and visually stimulating. Use candles, flowers and artwork to enhance the beauty of your space. Enhance the sense of touch with fluffy feathers, soft fabrics, silk pillows and massage oils.
- Honor each other! Start your session with appreciation and gratitude for each other. If you are playing solo, express some heartfelt verbal appreciation for your awesome Self while gazing at yourself in the mirror.
- Create Sacred Space internally via Tantric Union Breathing or alone with a Self-Pleasure Meditation.
- Offer Sensual touch, which may or may not include the genitalia. It may include full body massage with your hands, stroking lightly with fingertips, running fabrics along the body, tickling with a feather. Just be bold, creative and adventurous!
- Offer your partner some genital pleasuring with yoni or lingam massage. Decide who goes first. Generally, tantrics adopt the “ladies come first” rule.
- Make your love last with semen retention, tantric breathing and oral communication.
- Know that Sacred Sex is not a race to the finish line; rather, it involves a slow, sensual cultivation of ecstasy while you savour each delightful moment of the experience!