These tips are designed to help you out during the intense summer heat.
- Exercise in the cooler mornings and evenings, and shady areas when possible so as to reduce dehydration. Plus, you are less likely to get sunburned. It takes 10-14 days for the body to acclimatize to intense heat so keep your level of physical activity low key until you adjust.
- Drink plenty of water. Adding fresh lemon to your water will balance your electrolytes and makes it more fun to sip. Add berries, mint or lime and cucumber as well to change it up.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol while in the sun so as to preventa the danger of dehydration.
- Wear lightweight, light-coloured, loose-fitting clothing to help you stay cool.
- Protect the top of your head with a hat and your eyes with 😎 high quality sunglasses.