1. Drink up. Sipping water throughout the day keeps you hydrated and creates mini-breaks.
2. Explore the building. Walk to the bathroom on the other side of the floor. While you’re up, get in a few extra steps!
3. Park far away! Pick the furthest parking spot from the building. Or, get off the bus or subway one stop early and walk the rest of the way to work.
4. Skip the elevator. Taking the stairs, instead of an elevator or escalator, is good for your heart, legs, lungs, core…!
5. Pump your legs. Ride your bike whenever possible. The crisp fall air or sunny summer weather is perfect for a long two-wheeled journey.
6. Work your bags. Consider your purse or shopping bag as a dumbbell, then do bicep curls with one arm as you walk through the mall. After a few reps, switch sides.
7. Surf public transport. When safe and appropriate, stand while riding the bus or train. As the the next stop approaches, ground your feet, gently bend your knees, and engage your abs to stay upright in a surfer’s stance.
8. Walk and talk. Instead of sitting at your desk doodling, get up and stroll around while you chat on the phone.
9. Hold a walking meeting. Instead of sitting in the conference room, take your next brainstorm session for a spin around the block. Take in the scenery while engaging in conversation so as to jumpstart your inspiration.
10. Squat while you shop. Turn the grocery store into a gym. Do some calf raises to reach something on the top shelf. Try a few squats or lunges while steering your shopping cart down the aisle.
11.Buy a Fitbit watch. You can break a sweat any time, anywhere with Fitbit Coach.